Thursday, August 26, 2010

Taking Ownership of the Gospel

I have gone to Haiti many times now. This time was very different for me. It seems after the earthquake the people of Haiti are changing. When, I talked to people about the Lord, I was told that they were going to a Christian church. Some people were even going out on the streets to tell people about the Lord. This is not normal in Haiti because of the Voodoo religion. It was good to see the people "Take Ownership" of the gospel and spreading the good news of Jesus in Haiti. This was the first time that I have seen the Lord moving in this way.

I have a strong love for my brothers and sisters in Haiti. We need more committed people to go and help out. There are two things that I find out on every mission trip:

1. God's work is so important!
2. Before I can serve God, I have to move out of the spotlight so the Lord can shine in me!

I am not a member of Grace Point Church but this is the second year I have been part of the Haiti mission team. You at Grace Point, are very blessed to have John and Kay leading your teams in Haiti. They have a "true love" for the people in Haiti. Last of all, I would be happy to talk with your church as part of a "Mission Day" program about Haiti. I have already started the wheels turning for a trip in January. God's work in Haiti has changed my life. Please don't be afraid to let God's work change yours!

(Written by Leon B. - Team Member)

No comments:

Post a Comment