Friday, August 13, 2010

Thoughts on Haiti

My favorite place to visit in Haiti is Gran Savanne, and Tuesday morning we were going home to home sharing the salvation of Jesus Christ. On the beaten path, a little boy grabs my hand and we begin walking through the village together. As we walk down the road, I am pointing to things I see and asking him the name of the objects. In my broken Creole I manage to ask him where other children are, so he takes our evangelism group from house to house looking for children to tell them of the Bible Club that we would be having later that day.

So here I am, walking with a little boy, hand in hand, on a dusty dirt road, thinking to myself, "This is what I've always wanted to do, and this is who I've always wanted to be." In my heart I've always dreamed of being someone who goes into the remote villages, tries to learn the language, and tells people about Jesus Christ. I almost came to tears on that road. God has made us all so different and with different giftings. If we were all feet, who would be the hands? If we were all eyes, who would be the mouth? God made me to be feet, and on our trip I truly was feet. Beautiful feet that went and shared the good news of Christ.

(Written by Kerrie B. - Team Member)

No comments:

Post a Comment